Newminster Cottage - Access Statement
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our home based, 3 bedroom bed and breakfast. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help.
- There is a bus station in Morpeth town centre which is a 10 minute walk away.
- The main train station is 5 minutes away be car or a 15 minute walk.
- There is a local taxi service that has accessible taxis if required.
- We have a website with photographs of each room, all of which are on the ground floor
- You can contact us via phone, text or email (details below)
Arrival & car Parking Facilities
- We are 300 metres from Morpeth town centre
- We have no designated car parking, although free on street parking is available to the front and side of our building
- The entrance is accessed through our block paved carport, down 3 paved steps, 19,19,14 cm high (handrail provided) and block paved path to the front door. The front door is fully lit by outside light at night.
- Assistance with luggage is always offered to all guests.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
- The front door has one step 14cm high
- Entrance is into our porch which has a tiled floor. Seating is provided in the porch
- The front door is always locked but we do have a buzzer placed on the wall to the right of the door
- Guests are escorted to rooms and facilities explained.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- The flooring in the hallways to the bedrooms is all fitted carpets.
- The dining room entrance has one step 12 cm high and the floor is tiled.
- Hallways have good colour contract and are well lit.
- A bell is provided in the hallway to call for assistance at any time.
Public Areas – Sitting Room, lounges, lobbies etc
- Guest lounge is accessed via the dining room and is on the same level with tiled floor.
- Two wicker arms chairs.
- The dining room has a tiled floor.
- Furniture is flexible and can be moved on request. Chairs do not have arms.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- All 3 bedrooms are on the ground floor with secure lockable doors.
- All bedrooms have en-suite shower rooms (see below for details)
- One/Two armchairs are provided in each room.
- Furniture is moveable on request.
- Fitted with short pile carpets.
- Televisions have remote controls, freeview, teletext/subtitles and integrated DVD players.
- Bedroom 1 – Twin beds
- Bedroom 2 – King-size bed
- Bedroom 3 – Step 14 cm high, Twin beds
Bathroom, Shower-room WC (En-suite or Shared)
- All En-suite shower rooms have tiled floors.
- Floor and wall tiles are similar in colour.
- Doors are inward opening.
- The shower cubicles have a step/edge with hinged or sliding doors.
- The pedestal wash basins have curved fronts and clear under space.
- Shower mats are available on request.
- We can put items (mediation) in our fridge on request (access not available 24 hours)
- We do not play background music in any area of the cottage.
- There is a no smoking rule throughout the premises.
- Some of our rooms have limited mobile phone reception.
- All rooms have free Wi-Fi access (password available on request)
- Guests are welcome to use or land-line for short or emergency calls.
Newminster Cottage, High Stanners, Morpeth, Northumberland NE61 1QL
Telephone: 01670 503124
Mobile: 07743 740033
Hours of operation
Open all year round. Hours are flexible to business, check in time is 4pm – 9pm on the day of arrival, Newminster Cottage is our home so is occupied 24 hours.
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve. If you have any comments please ring 01670 503124 or email email@example.com